publications on Swiss sexual violence against children
In preparation of the next post Part 2: Swiss authorities hot potato pushing in child sexual violence, herewith a post referring various studies and official publications regarding Child Sexual Integrity Violations in Switzerland.
the Optimus Study
The Optimus Foundation started a 10 year study in 2007. Data collected in 2009 and 2010 led to first reports in 2012 and 2013. In 2016 new data was collected, which brought about a new publication in 2018.
The Optimus foundation web site has disappeared since 2019. Such vital work first briefly redirected to premiumsports.ch, then to kgms.ch which indicates for the last 4 years a new web site is under construction and directs you to the UBS philanthropy blog, where the majority of documents from the study are unavailable.
Testament to the omerta regarding CSIV in Switzerland, such vital works are no longer broadly accessible.
I still have some of the copies of their reports. Them being vital to the right to truth principle, I publish them here:
- Sexual victimization of children and adolescents in Switzerland ∫ November 2011, 143 pages
- Sexual assault on children and adolescents in Switzerland ∫ February 2012, 106 pages
- Recommendations for reducing sexual violence among teenagers ∫ November 2013, 25 pages
- Child endangerment in Switzerland: A wake-up call from the Optimus Study ∫ Press release from June 13th 2018
- Child Endangerment in Switzerland ∫ June 2018, 40 pages
- Collecting data on the incidence of child endangerment in Switzerland: Lessons learned ∫ June 2018, 13 pages
Each canton has its own ways, and documents for its (alleged) “professionals”. They are not always easy to come by, you have to search for hours and hours in the hope to find something. The below is non exhaustive.
- Vaud Guide de référence pour l’appréciation et l’évaluation du danger encouru par l’enfant et des compétences parentales ∫ September 2019
- Bern Feuille d’information sur la protection de l’enfant ∫ February 2020
- Jura PROTOCOLE à l’usage des intervenants professionnels en matière de maltraitance des mineurs ∫ March 2017
- Geneva Abus sexuels sur personnes mineur·e·s ∫ undated (January 2019)
- Neuchatel Recommandations à l’intention de toute personne confrontée à une situation de maltraitance d’un enfant ou d’un-e jeune de 0 à 18 ans... ∫ December 2015
- Neuchatel Guide à l’intention de toute personne confrontée à une situation de maltraitance à l’égard d’un enfant ou d’un-e jeune ∫ May 2021
They are testament to the profound differences in dealing with CSIV. There is one commonality: you'll see in each and everyone of these documents, despite acknowledgement of the obligation to act, the possibility for Swiss professionals to not report CSIV.
research on the subject of CSIV in Switzerland
I only list here those which I have not yet mentioned in other posts.
- The tip of the iceberg. Incidence of disclosed cases of child sexual abuse in Switzerland: results from a nationwide agency survey ∫ 2013
- L’audition de l’enfant victime d’abus sexuels : La Suisse, bonne élève ? ∫ 2012
- Prevalence of child sexual abuse in Switzerland: a systematic review ∫ 2011
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. This blog gets the proverbial pants on!
information provided as is, without prejudice, without any prejudicial recognition, and with reservation of all rights, expressly without recognition of any Swiss competence which remains contested
for the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever, all information on this blog, such as but not limited to documents and/or audio recordings and/or video recordings and/or pictures mentioned, have been made and/or collected, and published, in the interest of justice and the public at large
the Universal Declaration of Human Rights applies to everything on this blog
the Universal Right to Truth principle applies to everything on this blog